Donald J. Trump
And so the pussy grabber has won. As a nation, half of the voters found it in their hearts to overlook that modest character flaw. After all, what could we possibly fear from such a man, who
feels that his position as a "star" allows him to feel up others freely, even against their will?
I, for one, cannot overlook this flaw.
I must be forgiven for imagining that he might even now be saying that
"when you're a [President] they let you do it," Trump says.... "Grab
them by the pussy," Trump says. "You can do anything."
He can grab us by any body part -- he's President! These are the words of an abuser, and potentially a tyrant.
Nor can I overlook his many other flaws as well, equally bad (such as his support for torture). Another of his flaws is his gargantuan self-importance. Never ever have we seen or heard a would-be "Statesman" engage in such self-fawning. It's frankly pathetic.
Here is a collection of Trumpisms from the November 2016 issue of the Hightower Lowdown (they give credit to Doonesbury cartoonist Garry Trudeau, for amassing these over the years):
Trump on his own splendiforousness
- No one RESPECTS WOMEN more than me.
- Nobody BUILDS WALLS better than me, believe me.
- MY IQ is one of highest.
- Nobody knows more about TAXES than me.
- Nobody knows BANKING better than I do.
- I have a great relationship with THE BLACKS.
- There's nobody that's done so much for EQUALITY as I have.
- I'm the LEAST RACIST person you'll ever meet.
- Nobody's ever been more SUCCESSFUL than me.
- Nobody knows THE SYSTEM better than me.
- I'm REALLY RICH. And by the way, I'm not even saying that in a braggadocios way.
- There's nobody who feels more strongly about Women's health issues!
- There has to be SOME FORM OF PUNISHMENT [for women who seek abortions].
- [ael: I can't help adding one more of my own]: "Nobody knows grammar better than me!"
Two words: hubris, and Ozymandias....
Two more (which he would be wise to heed -- but, then, he's not wise): climate change.
Website maintained by Andy Long.