Some of my papers
- Long, A.
Cokriging, Kernels, and the SVD: Toward Better Geostatistical
Analysis. University of Arizona. 1994. (My dissertation)
- Long, A., and R. Michod. Origin of Sex for Error Repair: I. Sex, Haploidy, and Diploidy. Theoretical Population Biology, 47(1):18-55, 1995.
- Michod. R. and A. Long. Origin of Sex for Error Repair II. Rarity and Extreme Environments. Theoretical Population Biology, 47(1):56-81, 1995.
Long, A. A brief, non-comprehensive, biased introduction to freely available
spatial statistical software. Geographic Information Sciences,
Vol. 5, #2, December, 1999.
(created using my latex2web software).
Supplement to The College Mathematics Journal, Vol. 29, No.2, March
1998: Order of Integration and a Minimal Surface. Thomas Hern,
Cliff Long, and Andy Long
- Long, A. and C. Long. Surface Approximation and Interpolation Via Matrix SVD. The College Mathematics Journal, Vol. 32, #1, January, 2001:20-25.
- Lucey, B. T., D. Smith, C. A. Russell, M. L. Wilson, A. Long, L. A. Waller,
J. E. Childs, and L. A. Real. Spatio-Temporal Analysis
of Epizootic Raccoon Rabies Propagation in Connecticut, 1991-1995.
Vector Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, Vol. 2, #2, 2002:77-86.
- Hastings, Jon M., Charles W. Holliday, Andrew Long, Katie Jones and Grayson Rodriguez. Size-Specific Provisioning by Cicada Killers, Sphecius speciosus, (Hymenoptera: Crabronidae) in North Florida. . Florida Entomologist 93(3):412-421. 2010. doi: 10.1653/024.093.0315 (a local copy)
- Hermite versus Simpson: the Geometry of Numerical Integration (with my dad, Cliff Long).
keywords: Simpsons Rule, Hermites Rule, Hermite interpolation, finite
differences, parametric curve fitting, splines.
- Matrix and Curve Mesh Interpolation (with my dad, Cliff Long).
keywords: SVD, Singular Value Decomposition, parametric curve fitting, splines, matrix interpolation, curve mesh interpolation, rank of a function
- Matrix and Curve Mesh Interpolation (alternate version -- not sure which was more recent!)
Website maintained by Andy Long.